Beauty Bag: Christine, Bijou and Boheme

    Thank you so much to Liz for asking me to be here today with my beauty bag.
    I remember getting my first set of make-up on my 13th birthday- I was thrilled and felt so grown up as I splattered the lipstick and blush on for the first time.  I held on to the khaki green eyeliner I got for way way too long.
    As the years have passed, the essentials have definitely changed.
    Gone are the neon blue eyeshadows and here are the skin enhancers/under eye puffiness removers.
    I have a long list of must have but let's start with the bag in its entirety.

    I kind of hate make-up bags.
    I think they're usually quite unattractive and I don't really understand the need for plastic everything so...I don't use one.  Instead, I keep my goods in this vintage sequined clutch of my grandmothers.
    I was just thinking the other day that I might just invent the pretty make-up bag- you heard it here first.
    Anyhow...inside my beauty bag you'll find...

    alot of YSL gold stuff.
    I've tried a wide variety of make-up and I there are some inexpensive things I can't live without but there are also some pricier items that I can't live without.  So, I save my pennies, wait for sales, and purchase when needed.

    Picture One
    1. YSL Teint Mejeur #5- I honestly can't possibly say enough about this foundation.  My pregnancies have resulted in my skin being rather pink all the time. I've tried every foundation/primer in the books but this product is simply amazing. It totally evens out my skin tone, while feeling and looking like I have nothing on.  I'm very fair to begin with so finding something that works and matches my natural skin colour is almost impossible.  This is definitely an expensive make-up item but now that I have it, I could never live without it.

    2.YSL eyeshadows {Ombres and Shine Flash}- The Ombres is gold and navy blue and I adore it.  The Shine Flash is a pink and brownish tone.

    3. YSL Eyebrow Pencil #3- great for keeping brows in check

    4. YSL Lipgloss {Goldengloss}- perfect amount of gloss, shimmer and pink

    5. YSL Volume Effect Mascara # 9HA5- This is actually a very dark purple.  It never smudges and lasts forever.  The subtle colour is a nice departure from my usual very black and looks less harsh on my face.  Another must always have for me.

    Picture Two
    I love perfume and my favourite is Jo Malone.
    My everyday scent is Vintage Gardenia and I don't think I'll ever tire of it.
    The other three are:

    1. Coco by Chanel - My husband bought this for me in Paris and I wear it when I want to feel sophisticated and feminine.

    2. Marine by Lothantique - My daughter bought this for me for Christmas last year.  How sweet is that?  It's lovely and soft- like fresh air.

    3. Jo Malone- Honeysuckle and Jasmine- This is my flirty/going out the the girls pick.

    And as for the brushes, here's where I save so I can purchase the bigger ticket items.  My brushes are get this, art brushes.  I bought the whole set of 10 brushes for...wait for it....$6.  And in case you didn't notice, they're pink!  They're fabulously soft and work perfectly.  I have one regular actual make-up brush that I use for my blush but other than that, it's artist brushes all the way for this girl.


    Picture Three
    1. Eye Shadows- MAC.  I love these eyeshadow.  I've used them forever and I like having a little collection of fun colours for going out.  The ones I have right now are: Nocturnelle (dark purple), Shale (light purple), Girlie (rose), All that Glitters (shimmery brown), Satin Taupe (purply brown).

    2. i.d. Bare Mineral Warmth- 36077.  My sister purchased the whole kit for me for Christmas last year and I loved it.  The mineral make-up really does feel like you have nothing on.  This brown all over tint (all I have left) makes my skin look naturally sun kissed- brightens me up after I've applied the pale foundation.

    3. Bare Mineral blush brush- soft, works great

    Fourth Picture
    This is all of my non pretty but oh so essential items.
    1. Visine- I'm a Visine/Q-tip addict- they're my make-up vices and I have to have them. I know they're both not great but I don't care.  I could be doing worse things for myself. 

    2. Trimmer scissors, tweezers, nail clippers- everyone has them, everyone needs them

    3. Burt's Bees lipgloss- thick and yummy- I like this in winter for some reason..it's like pretty chapstick

    4. Smith's Rosebud Salve- A friend of mine gave this to me and I couldn't live without it.  You can use this stuff as moisturizer, lip gloss, hand cream anything...it amazing.
    And that's it.
    My life in a beauty bag.

    As for the one item I couldn't possibly life without....the first one I listed.
    YSL Tint Mejeur- worth every penny!

    Thanks again to Liz for having me!
    xo

    Photobucket


    Wow I love all of Christine's beauty products and she takes beautiful pictures as well! I hope you can all head over to Bijou and Boheme and indulge in all of her wonderful posts.

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews