What I'd like to do...Shelves

    I am seriously lacking space in my small teeny tiny bedroom, and while I've managed to cram tons of stuff in there ( bed, side table, reading nook, dresser, desk nook, ottoman) I feel as though my small dresser has become the dumping grounds for all of my everyday stuff. So, the pretty little "staged" dresser top quickly became the messy dresser top. In order to get the pretty back I knew there was only one answer. With no space to go out I knew I would have to go up!

    That's when I did a little google searching and found this picture of a desk nook similar to mine that took advantage of upwards space. The shelves are Ikea...so off with my boyfriend Gerry I went until I came back with 2 of the same shelves + brackets. I really wanted 3 but I feel like I might make the ceiling appear short if I do, but the more I look at my inspiration photo the more I like it...I may just go back for an extra shelf and brackets. What do you think?

    inspiration photo

    my desk nook (the picture is cropped, do not worry the ceilings are actually taller)

    I also plan on staggering the shelves, so they don't line up...I like this look better, plus I have to work around a light switch so this option will work out better for me.

    Hope to post pictures soon, so stay tuned!

    BY THE WAY IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY, MAKE SURE YOU ENTER THIS MONTH'S GIVEAWAY here.

Total Pageviews